Please come join the first of our Summer Cross-University Event on Saturday 2nd of June for a day of polo and fun with other Young Alumni from Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Stanford, Cambridge, and Oxford.
The Cambridge University Polo Club has kindly invited us to attend La Martina Varsity Day—the oldest student polo trophy in the world. With Oxford and Cambridge fielding their best players for the showcase game of the day, this is always a memorable event at Smith's Lawn. With Eton and Harrow adding their annual battle to the day and an afternoon ladies match, this is student polo at its very best.
The event is being hosted at The Guards Polo Club. Entrance is free if you take public transport from London (probably best option to take the train to Egham or Sunningdale and then a taxi to the Club). For those coming by car, the entry is £20 per car—with entry through Blacknest Gate SL5 0PT. As part of the entertainment, there will be live music, a BBQ, and a cash bar.
- Free entry to the polo
- Bring your own cash for the BBQ + bar
- Transport (own costs) (NB: £20 parking charge if you bring a car)
- Smart Casual
- Gentlemen - Collared shirts with trousers, chinos or smart jeans. Smart shorts to the knee.
- Ladies - Dresses, skirts, trousers, smart shorts to the knee or smart jeans. Sandals are permitted for ladies only.
- No beach attire or rubber flip flops
- 9.00: London group meeting (optional) @ Waterloo Station (under the clock in the middle of the station concourse) to take the train. Otherwise, please feel free to join us later, and travel at your own convenience.
- 10.00: Guards Club gates open
- 10.30: – First match starts
- 12.00: - Varsity match (Oxford vs. Cambridge) on Ground 3
- 13.00: - Lunch and Live music on the La Martina Lawn
- 15.00: – Cartier Queen’s Cup match on Duke’s Ground. Those who want to stay, can watch this League One match.
Clearly, an event not to miss!