Columbia Venture Community + Harvard Alumni Entrepreneurs: London Pitch 'N Mix Event, with guest speakers Ivan Retzignac (CBS, founder of Medic Animal; exited) and Riya Grover (HBS; founder of Feedr; seed stage)
Dear Columbia and Harvard Alumni Entrepreneurs,
We are excited to invite you to a joint event between Columbia Venture Community and Harvard Alumni Entrepreneurs on Thursday June 13th starting 6.30pm at Edspace (near Old Street).
The aim of the event is to create an informal, relaxed setting for learning and talking about entrepreneurship, sharing and getting feedback on ideas and meeting likeminded people.
This event is for everyone interested in entrepreneurship - whether you’re a founder, start-up employee, investor, or work in corporate and have no clue where to start! £10 tickets will cover costs of drinks and nibbles. We look forward to seeing you there!
We will be following the following format:
1. Inspiration - Opening words from successful alumni founders describing their entrepreneurial journeys through both the animal and human food markets (7.00-7.30pm):
- Ivan Retzignac (Columbia Business School; founded, grew and sold one of the largest online pet retailers in Europe - Medic Animal, which included reputable investors like Balderton and was acquired by Forward Dimension Capital) and
- Riya Grover (Harvard Business School; founder of Feedr, making food at work more personal; recently successfully both crowdfunded and raised seed round, currently going through Founders Factory)
2. Pitch - your chance to talk (7.30-8.00pm):
Whether you want to pitch an idea, pitch yourself, talk about what you are working on or ask for advice and support in a relaxed environment, from our speakers and/or audience - this is the place for you. Sign up and please send a quick e-mail with a short description of your topic to email@example.com so that we can plan and see if we can connect you with the right people afterwards.
3. Mix - expand your thinking and network (8.00-9.00pm)
We're excited to build stronger bridges between our two great entrepreneur communities and can't wait for everyone to meet!
Entry instructions - please note that Edspace is based in Hackney Community College - please arrive at the main reception on Falkirk Street and sign via the screen listing Edspace the place you are visiting. Someone will be there to pick up you and walk you through to Edspace. Please note that you cannot get to Edspace without someone from the Edspace team walking in with you - so please make sure that you arrive no later than 7.30pm.